Let’s be honest, we all judge books by their covers. Sometimes we just buy books because of their beautiful cover… or is it just me? … ANYWAY, it’s always disappointing when you buy a book FULL PRICE because of the cover and you end up not liking it as much as you thought you would (believe me, been there done that). So, here is a list of books, in no particular order, with covers that I thought were gorgeous or at least interesting, but ended up being a disappointment:
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I had very high expectations for this book, not just because of the cover, but because everyone in the book community was raving about it. Maybe I’ve been reading books for way too long because this honestly felt like a bunch of different storylines from other more popular books combined into in one book. No, thank you.
- Save the date by Morgan Matson. Another book with a beautiful cover that I so wanted to like, but, in the end, it just stressed me out too much. The whole aesthetic of the book is elegant and beautiful; however, this story would be a thousand times better if it was a movie rather than a book.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I bought this book a long time ago because I read Rachel Hawkins first series Hex Hall and really enjoyed it and also… because of the cover, sue me. So, when I bought it I literally could not stop looking at it. However, I was very disillusioned when I ended up not liking the story.
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson. Okay, this book is GORGEOUS, the cover art is honestly stunning. Unfortunately, the story behind it is just not as good as the cover. Personally, I already know I don’t like fairies’ stories, I have nothing against them, I just don’t find them interesting, but I still went ahead and read it because of the cover only to find myself frustrated with the book.
- The summer I turned pretty by Jenny Han. Here I’m talking about the new covers which are so pretty and girly, and I love them, but unfortunately, I cannot say the same things about the book. I’d probably have liked more this book if I had been in my early teens when I read it, which is the intended audience; however, unfortunately, I was already in college and found most of the characters annoying.
I hope y’all weren’t as disappointed as me with these books. Comment bellow what are some books with beautiful covers that you didn’t enjoy.
Thanks for reading!